Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Trip planning

I know it's early, but I can't help myself. I've already started my To-Do and To-Pack lists. I spent all morning and up till now researching Space A flights and what all is/could be involved. I have hubby looking for whatever documentation he can find. I'm going to have him get the letter from his command that will allow me and the boy to fly without him with us, if not tomorrow then next week. I need to sign up with the Space A people soon. So much depends on when you sign up, then the fact that we're dependents flying without our sponsor puts us farther down on the list, so the sign up date can get me in line ahead of other dependents flying without sponsors. Or behind them if I don't get signed up with a quickness. Getting to the states shouldn't be too hard since I plan to leave before school gets out. Getting back could be harder with families going on vacation and such. I have no real worries though, it'll all work out =)

I have to limit my packing to under 30 pounds checked. We're allowed more than twice that per person, but I read that if you can limit to 30 you have better chances of getting on any available flight. More than that, some flights won't take you. I can mail some stuff to VA if I really need more than 30 pounds. Besides which, I don't want to have to tote around a ton of stuff if we have to switch flights or get stranded someplace. I'll have a washer and dryer available to me at both places I plan to stay so I don't really need to take much.

I've planned my budget for the trip, and as long as we don't get stranded more than one night each way I'll be ok. Tight, but ok. If we get stuck overnight anywhere I have to fork out for a room bc it seems the terminals all close. I didn't know that before today, I just thought we could hang out there till our name gets called.

I've got to plan to pack our lunch and snacks too. I read the lunch you buy on the flights isn't very filling (or tasty lol) so since I don't want to listen to whiney hungry kid, I better plan food.

Gotta go get my meds refilled soon too. Sitting around an airport all day and then the chance of sitting in a hard, bouncy seat across the ocean is probably more than I could take unmedicated lol. I'll ask for strong stuff that preferably won't knock me out. Though, sleeping on the plane might not be bad, I don't want to fall asleep waiting (or be super sleepy)

I can't find any information as to crochet hooks or knitting needles on these kinds of flights. Guess I have to call about that. I plan to take hubby's blanket along to work on. Pieces will be perfect. Nothing bulky to get in the way, can shove it in my bag when I'm bored. Not sure what else I might take. I'll decide that when it's closer.

Need to figure out when to tell hubby to water my plants while I'm gone. I don't have a schedule for it, I just do it. He (accidentally) killed the last plant he watered for me though. So I need to leave very specific instructions.

I already wrote out the household budget, by paydays, from now till August so he'll know what to pay and when and how much he has for food and such.

I need to dig out my mp3 player and sort/purge/put new stuff on it. Same with the kid's. Get him thinking about what he wants to take with him (so I can eliminate half before we leave rofl)

DONE - Order his achievement test so it gets here in time to take and mail back before we leave. Ordered as soon as I typed it or I'd have flaked and forgotten.

Probably a thousand other things will occur to me between now and the end of April.

Hubby now knows what I am doing with his blanket. He came home early one day and I was knitting away with his yarn. I haven't come right out and said anything yet, but I am sure he's figured it out, he's a pretty bright guy lol. So I'm no longer concerned with keeping it secret. The end result will be a surprise anyway since he won't see any of the squares before they're put together. I didn't figure I could keep it a surprise the whole time anyway lol.

So I now have three complete squares and have started a 4th. I'm rather addicted to kniting cables. Which is why I picked up the needles in the first place, so it's not a huge surprise to me lol. So far all the knitted squares are some sort of cable. I'm sure I will get tired of them before I've done 20 knit squares though.

My friend and neighbor volunteered to help me assemble the 'ghan once I finish the squares. She's the nicest lady! She knows how I feel about sewing stuff together lol so as soon as I told her what I was doing she offered to help.

K, I gotta get off of here. I have a couple of things to do, and I want to knit a bit before dinner.

1 comment(s):

  • Very nice blog..

    Did you visit my blog??

    Have a nice day


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home