Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, March 27, 2006

Flo, Socks and the Time Change

Mornin' everyone =) Flo showed up last night, so I'm in for a fun week. I'm hoping she'll be nice this time, but so far it's looking like she's in one of her moods. May not be around much if that's the case.

I made great progress on the sock yesterday after I figured out the whole yarn over issue. Then I had to frog it and start over because it wasn't wide enough for my flinstone feet rofl. I'd made it all the way past the heel and was about to start on the top of the foot when I finally figured it out. I have to say, I honestly didn't mind frogging it though. I was so tickled that I'd accomplished so much so quickly that I figured I'd make it up pretty quickly too. I got the cuff re-done last night, then put it down to watch Goblet of Fire with the kiddo. I wanted to pay attention to the movie and if I'd have kept knitting I would have missed a lot. So I'll be picking it up again just as soon as I get the boy started on school.

Today we're working on measurements. He had some issues last week with that so we're going to spend another day on it. I was in full blown PMS and decided not to try to explain anything to him that day, because I know me well enough to know I'd have gotten pissy for no real reason and taken it out on him. I did sit down and plan out how to explain it to him though and made up a worksheet for him to do after we go over it.

We grilled last night, first grill of the season =) Hubby wanted turkey patties, so I made home made buns and some green beans that I cooked with dijon mustard and a few seasonings, and some peas and carrots leftover from another night. Overall a healthy meal. I wish I'd have remembered to use wheat flour for the buns though. Hubby was talking to me while I put them together so I wasn't really thinking about what I was doing and just followed the recipe as it was written. They did turn out really well though =) Next time I'll use wheat and see if they're as good.

Not sure what I'm going to make tonight. It's only 10 AM though so I have time to figure it out.

Speaking of time. Did y'all do the clock thing this weekend? I hadn't seen any internet buzz about it so I forgot all about it and we didn't figure out time had changed till late in the day yesterday lol. I know in the Fall we do it a couple of weeks before y'all but I couldn't remember if we do in Spring too.

The whole time changing thing just really irritates me. I read that it's supposed to save oh so much money in winter and lets people get home before dark, or close to it. It really doesn't seem to me that it makes much difference though. Seriously. The length of the day doesn't change simply because we change what the clock says. The sun is on it's very own schedule and does not check with our clocks to find out when to rise and set.

Frankly, all I see this changing do is screw with people's systems. For a week or two after, everyone walks around all messed up because well, our bodies haven't been properly informed of this stupidity either. So we can't fall asleep when the clock says it's bedtime, then we have a hard time waking up when the clock says it's time. Then we walk around in a state of exaustion until our bodies fall into place with the idiotic clock change. Then we turn around 6 months later and do it all over again. Gah!

When I lived in Arizona I loved that we didn't have to follow the stupid clock turning business. I had four glorious years of normalcy. I think there are a couple of other states that don't do it too. The smart states if you ask me. They all seem to get along just fine without it.

If it were up to me I'd leave my clocks alone. Hell, I don't change the time on my cell phone. I have no trouble remembering all winter that my clock is an hour off from the rest of the world's. I still managed to catch the bus at the correct time and get to appointments on time. I'd do it if it werent for hubby and kiddo. They'd probably rebel if I tried it lol. We're all so dependent on clocks. It's ridiculous really. I'm gonna get off this soap box now before I bore you to tears lol.

I think I better get school started and get going on my sock =)

5 comment(s):

  • Isn't it the first Sunday in April the time change? I hate frogging socks, too. I have a pair I am highly considering frogging. They just aren't turning out how I want them.

    By Blogger none, at 3:42 AM  

  • HEHE Girl, you sent me into a panic this morning ROFL I went searching for some sign we'd miss that damn time change.
    I too am one of those who hates the time changes.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:19 AM  

  • Clock change is next weekend.

    By Blogger noricum, at 11:48 AM  

  • OMG, Marvie, you had me freaked out for a sec, there... Like "I was supposed to spring forward already??" But - not yet. Relief. I hate loosing that extra hour...

    By Blogger hi, i'm natalie, at 4:23 PM  

  • Oh dear aunt Flo came a few days early, the morning after surgery in fact-damn bitch~

    The time change is April 1st here and I hate losing that hour, but love the extra hour of light at night.


    By Blogger Deneen, at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home