Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Just killin' time

Not a lot going on really. I'm about halfway through the 4th square on hubby's blanket. No crochet started or completed. I guess I'm just not much in a fiber mood right this second. It happens every now and then, I go a week or two with no inspiration or desire, then suddenly it's back.

Got the boy's achievement test the other day. All I can say is that if this is all they expect of our 6th graders, B is way ahead of the curve. I honestly can't believe how simple the questions are. B nailed it on the head though when he said "Well mom, they have to make them so the slowest kids can take them. I knew it was going to be easy." I could probably give it to him right now and he'd get most of the questions correct. I am going to review fractions first though, just bc it's been a little while and he did struggle with them a bit before he got the hang of them. I could give him the Lang. Arts and reading today if I wanted and I am positive he'd ace it.

I sent in the info to get on the list to fly out, so that's one thing to cross off the To-Do list. Need to get the suitcase out and weigh it so I can start deciding what to pack and whether I need to mail anything ahead. Spoke to my friends and have tentative dates for my trip. Decided to take Amtrak from wherever I land to VA. to save my friend from having to drive to pick me up.

Spoke to my friend here about coming over during the day to check on my kitties. Hubby will be home at night, but there's just no way he can give the four of them the attention they need without some help. So she's going to pop over during the day and check on food and litter and give them lovin's. I think I'll ask her to keep an eye on my plants too. Much as I love him, hubby tends to over water (he's accidentally killed one or two) so I think I'd rather my friend handle that lol.

So things are moving right along as far as getting ready for the trip. I really need to sit down and decide what yarn and such I want to take (besides hubby's blanket stuff) because I am going to have plenty of time for crochet/knitting. Both my friends have jobs so while they're working I'll have time to kill, plus I can crochet and chat at the same time. I'm not so good at knitting and talking yet, at least if I am following any kind of pattern.

Well, I am going to get off here and go get the meat for dinner marinating, and get a couple of other things done. I'm so not in the mood to clean, hence the reason I am sitting here babbling lol. But, certain things gotta get done, so I'm going to force myself to move. Once I get started it will go quickly, I'm just procrastinating. PMS sucks. Just makes my natural tendancies even worse lol.

1 comment(s):

  • And in Ohio, 25th percentile on those achievement tests is considered working up to grade for homeschooling purposes. Mainly so that people who are homeschooling kids with learning disabilities, etc. don't get hassled needlessly but it shocked me a bit when I first found that out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home