Misc. Stuff
K, first, I saw this article today and thought it was pretty damned ingenious...http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/03/pedal_powered_p.php
Pardon the lack of linkage, I'll explain that shortly.
Then this article gives me some hope :
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/03/america_going_t.php
Finally, a quiz (damned if I didn't already forget who I swiped it from though)
| You Are a Prophet Soul |
![]() You are a gentle soul, with good intentions toward everyone. Selfless and kind, you have great faith in people. Sometimes this faith can lead to disappoinment in the long run. No matter what, you deal with everything in a calm and balanced way. You are a good interpreter, very sensitive, intuitive, caring, and gentle. Concerned about the world, you are good at predicting people's feelings. A seeker of wisdom, you are a life long learner looking for purpose and meaning. You are a great thinker and communicator, but not necessarily a doer. Souls you are most compatible with: Bright Star Soul and Dreaming Soul |
Now, on to the reason for not giving you clickable links. The short answer is that my HTML Cheat Sheet is no longer on my computer and I haven't yet moved my files back onto it.
Hubby decided yesterday that my laptop was running poorly so he reset it to factory specs. He spent all day doing this, essentially reformatting the thing. I personally didn't think there was anything at all wrong with my machine. He said something about it after his trip a few weeks ago, but I didn't see the need, it was fine for my purposes. Then he did some update stuff or something and the next thing I know he's telling me to back up my files. I still can't see a difference in how it's behaving now vs. how it behaved 24 hours ago, though he swears it's running better/faster.
So I get to spend the next few days trying to get everything back the way it belongs. I saved all my bookmarks before he did it, now I just have to remember how to put them back. I know I've done this before, but when I attempted it this morning it didn't work. I also have to get everything off the portable hard drive I stored it on and put it back on here. That's gonna be a job because for whatever reason everything just got dumped on there willy nilly rather than it the nice organized folders I had them in. We're talking thousands of MP3's, hundreds of pics, dozens of docs. all in various folders, well all *not* in various folders until I create folders and move everything into them.
I have to get all the Firefox extensions downloaded and installed again too. I already mis my Forcast Fox. I can see it's sunny but I like to know the temperature too. My reminderfox is gone, fortunately I didn't have any important reminders scheduled. *oh, duh, forecastfox was there, it was just in the wrong place...*
Reformatting is a pain in the ass. I hate having to put everything back together after. Hubby on the other hand, loves doing it. He does his two computers all the flippin time. Not me, it takes me long enough to get things the way I want them in the first place. But to have to remember where I got this or that or how to do things, all those freakin' passwords I have to type in again (that'll take Gods know how long since I don't go to some places very often) which means I have to keep my password book handy for weeks, if not months. I am lazy dammit, I like that Firefox remebers shit for me so I don't have to. Those things don't bug him in the least and he doesn't really get why it bugs me. I like comfort and familiarity in my machine. Right now it's not familiar or comfortable. It doesn't feel like home anymore. Yes, I'm whining. I think PMS is kicking in too cuz I feel pissy.
I finally started another square for hubby's blanket yesterday. I even have a picture on the camera for ya'll. But you're gonna have to wait because the camera software I like isn't on here yet.
The weather here is *gorgeous!* It's been sunny for several days now. Daytime temps up to 40 degrees (a virtual heatwave!) though the wind is still pretty chilly. I took my knitting outside yesterday and parked myself in a chair in the sunshine for a while. Granted, I still wore my heavy Irish wool sweater lol. It was nice though. I might go out again later, only with a blanket this time. My legs got cold, and my back fussed a bit. The sun would start to warm me up, then the damned wind would sweep through and steal the warmth right off of me. I got what I wanted though, I absorbed some sunshine and felt much better for it =)
Well, guess I should stop stalling and get going. I have school to do, a computer to deal with and bread to bake. Plus housework and trip planning. Hope ya'll have a great week!







1 comment(s):
By
noricum, at
12:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home