Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday babbling

I did the weekly grocery shopping today and came in under budget again =) I think it's a challenge to me, to get everything on my list and not spend all that I've allotted. I'm planning to put away everything I save on groceries to use for B's bday and Christmas. I've saved $50 already. Not a bad start huh? I'm thinking I can do some early shopping while I'm home since I'll have so many more options there and can get more bang for my buck. If I'm lucky I can have bday and school shopping completed and a start on Christmas for him and hubby.

It's pretty nice here today. The weather has warmed up quite a bit, I finally saw some bulbs popping out of the ground and that always give me hope that real Spring is nearly here =) The forecast is calling for rain all weekend, and it's sprinkled a bit, but the sun keeps popping out too. It's a little chilly to be sitting aorund outside, at least for me, so I'm still hanging out in the house but we have windows open. I'd be outdoors if the wind wasn't so chilly and the sun would stay put, but till that happens I can't hack it. The cold gets into my back and I'd be hurting for days. I've managed to avoid having much back pain this winter because I stayed indoors so much. Not gonna mess it up now lol.

I'm almost finished with the square I've been working on. Maybe an inch or two to go. I ran out of the skein I was working from and was too lazy to dig another out at the time so I set it aside and haven't picked it back up. I'll probably get to it today though. I really want to finish it. Then I can whip out a crocheted square and with luck the first row will finally be done. My goal is by tomorrow night. We'll see if I make it or not ;)

I haven't picked the sock up all week. I can only think that I must have messed up after I cast on, when I slipped stitches to the other needles maybe I did it wrong? So I'm gonna frog the damned thing and try again. I'm not giving up on this lol I really want to knit a pair of socks! The thin yarn and teensy needles are intimdating, I don't even like crocheting with yarn that thin because it takes so long, but I am going to do this dammit!

I need to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I really want pizza, but hubby is trying really hard to drop some more weight before he has to take his PT test in May so I am trying to cook things that he can eat without guilt (or impeding his diet!) Granted I make the crust from whole wheat flour, but it just doesn't seem like a diet friendly food none the less.

Well, I guess I'll get off here and hunt for some yummy sounding recipe for dinner. Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home